Monday, October 16, 2006

Dave and Busters

So today I went to Dave and Busters with everyone from work. My boss informed me that I could drink, but that I shouldn't get drunk. After carefully considering a recent report about how social drinking increases your salary.... well... um.... I decided against it. I must say that some very well paid people went home inebriated. It is a very interesting to watch the tension in a room where the majority of people drink and the extreme minority do not. It's not like there is any pressure to drink.. just a strange division between the have beers and the have nots.

1 comment:

AmyJane said...

Pah! The have beers and the have not beers...you're funny. Sean's boss had a similar chat with him before he went to his two week training in Dallas--you can drink, but only after the work day is over, and try not to get smashed, and please no "dipping your pen in the company ink." His words, not mine. Turns out they fire people over stuff like that.