Thursday, September 30, 2010

Somebody turned 3!

Ella turned 3 today! I can hardly believe it. Where did the time go? We had a fun day of opening presents a bit here and a bit there. Nana made french toast for breakfast and I made spaghetti for dinner (Ella's choice). We had some friends come over for dinner and of course had cake. I made my first cake with fondant and I think it turned out pretty well. Ella wanted a polka dot cake with the colors of Strawberry Shortcake (yes she is still obsessed), so that's what we did! I do have to give credit to many others who helped out (Marissa helped with the fondant and Brady did quite a bit of fondant coloring for me...turns out you need a back for that!). She loved the cake and presents she got. All in all it was a fun day, and I have a big 3 year old!
The cake
Our little gourmet chef! She got a chef outfit from her Nana and Grandpa including an apron, mits, a hat, and a few cooking items. Ella got to open presents with Grandma Karen on the webcam. She got a Strawberry Shortcake pool and a ladybug lunchbox!
She has been wanting a grocery cart and food for a while so it was time! Only issue is, Carter LOVES it and Ella does not want to share yet. Guess it's a nap time toy for now.
Blowing out the candles...
Playing with Luke, having a scream competition. Why do they do that?!
Carter was a big fan of the cake!
Ella and Lily in their matching jammies ready to have movie night for her birthday. Aren't they cute? Thanks Nana!
Ella got a pinkalicious puzzle for her birthday, so we finished her first 60 piece puzzle! Kennedy, the picture is mostly for you! And Kearis, sorry about that! I wanted to save the date on it but didn't actually get around to doing it until today. =) More posts to come soon...I promise. =)

7 comments:

Karrots said...

Awwww, get me all excited about a new post and leave me hanging? It's just not right....

Grammy said...

I miss my Ella and Carter so much! They are getting so big and growing up so fast, makes me sad. You did an awsome job on the cake too! I am dying to see you all (yes even Brady) lol. Love you all!

Papa

Tiffany Odekirk said...

Happy Birthday! We sure miss you guys... I can't believe she is three already. Move bach home already!

Chelsie Buoy said...

Cute Cake Jess.... I love that she likes Strawberry Shortcake, its my favorite and I hope someday I have a girl as cute as your little Ella... Treycen's B-day is on the 29th crazy they are only 1 year 1 day apart....

Chad and Amy Jensen said...

It looks like she had a great birthday. Beautiful cake...very impressive. We may have to hire you to make Emily's birthday cake. I love the matching jammies too!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday to miss Ella. Hopefully we'll see you next weekend and can celebrate again.

Anonymous said...

your little girl is so adorable. what a doll. nicely done on the cake. i am very impressed.